Wednesday, March 26, 2014

TIME MARCHES ON


TIME MARCHES ON
Wednesday, March 26, 2014

 2Timothy 2:15-16 Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 16 But shun profane, vain babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.

  We don’t think we consciously think about time very much of the time, but we do, forever measuring our life by years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes . . . and at times, seconds. This, our condition, is ingrained early on in our life.
  Can you recall when you were first conscious of time? I think my earliest recollection is probably Mom calling out to Dad “Hurry up or we’re going to be late!” Soon thereafter I’m sure I was schooled in clocks and calendars.
  I’ve heard lessons on how God, He the Always Was/Still Is/Always Will Be not giving a hoot about time. As with a few other doctrines taught I initially bought into the party line, but upon independent thought and study noticing verses such as Galatians 4:4 and Romans 5:6 I changed my mind.
  Seeing and accepting this about God altered my worldview and thereby my life. Did it make me a super disciple always in all ways properly prioritizing schedule? No, but it makes for continuing, admittedly at times faltering, desire and effort toward reverencing Him on His terms, not my clock.  EBB4

Thought question: Why did God wait until after David and Bathsheba’s baby was born to chastise them?

No comments:

Post a Comment