Thursday, March 27, 2014

TRIAL AND ERROR GOD?


TRIAL AND ERROR GOD?
Thursday, March 27, 2014

  Though once was, “Trial and error” is no longer a common phrase in our culture. It is however still with us as a practice. Organizations, companies, government, individuals still try and test to see if something will work or not. But can this experimentation in any way be attributed to Eternal God, or at least to Jehovah throughout the Old Testament era? Before October of my 28th year, I thought so.
  Though I had not personally trusted Him, I very much believed God is real. Though my Dad wasn’t a church attendee or did he quote Scripture, he emphasized “Do you think all of this just happened on its own?!”
  I also then believed God invested a lot of time and effort experimenting with hoped for solutions of dispensations and covenants*, finally deciding to go incarnate and walk among men . . . and after seeing it also failing to change mankind decided to next go with Rod of Iron millennial domination. (Ps.2:9; Rev.2:27; 12:5; 19:15)
  Then through the urging and guidance of fellow employees Bud Bond and the Gemeroth brothers I began 2Timothy 2:15-16 endeavor. Consequently I discovered that God is immutable: Ex.3:14; Num.23:19; Isa.46:9-11; Mal.3:6; Jn.17:5; 2Tim.1:9; Heb.6:17-20; 13:8; Jam.1:17.
  This resulted in yet another change in my worldview, and consequently my life.
  Beginning with place in Eden’s garden and continuing thereafter it is man that experiments with concepts of who and how God is and the opportunities for and lessons by that He has and continues to put before us. (Take note of the precept in Galatians 3:24-25.)
  And now there is today. For one thing you may want to take a look-see at dispensations and covenants. For your convenience I below have provided brief topical summaries from Gotquestions.com.  EBB4

*Dispensational or covenantal are two positions that many Christian denominations and/or independent local congregations categorize themselves by. Many in pew today know little if nothing of this as it is not so openly declared or taught as once was:


No comments:

Post a Comment