Wednesday, March 19, 2014

RELIANCE REVEALS


RELIANCE REVEALS
Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Exodus 3:11-15 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? 12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
                Hebrews [MKJV] 13:5-6 Let your way of life be without the love of money, and be content with such things as you have, for He has said, "Not at all will I leave you, not at all will I forsake you, never!" 6 so that we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me."

  Pastors’ DISCIPLESHIP JOURNEY sermon series the past 11 Sunday mornings has stirred much pondering as to where I should stand and walk as a follower of The Word. This morning the thinking is centered on the two words “reliance reveals”.
  Reliance is a serious matter in life and death. It evidences upon what or whom I am confident, dependent, trusting in. Reliance reveals much if not all about us as individual and group.
  This is especially true when considering how I trust the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and what they say to us about themselves and us.
  After contemplating I’ve come to the conclusion that relying on Him for what He can do and/or what He does or not associated with prayer, provisions, blessings . . . is not the best path to stand and walk upon.
  Two passages come to mind when I ponder the matter: John 6:26 “[Jesus said] Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.” and 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
  In Moses grand Exodus experience God did indeed provide, but not without first primary emphasizing that which is of utmost importance when it comes to reliance: Who He is, “I AM THAT I AM”. In God’s New Testament record for us, He using different words, emphasizes the same: Revelation 1:8 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” and  22:13 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”
  My strongest conclusion arrived at from this morning pondering is that to truly live by His grace I must trust in His person, “I AM THAT I AM”, else when the fishes and loaves are scarce or not coming as I think they should . . . . I will feel dry, adrift, without strong sense of being.
  I close this morning considering the very applicable truth of Hebrews 13:5-6. EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment