Thursday, October 23, 2014

DOUBT AND WONDERING


DOUBT AND WONDERING

Thursday, October 23, 2014

 

Psalm [MKJV] 88 … will You do wonders to the dead? Shall the dead rise and praise You? Selah.

Shall Your loving-kindness be declared in the grave? Or Your faithfulness in ruin? Shall Your wonders be known in the dark, and Your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness [dementia, Alzheimer’s] ? …

 

  Have you ever wondered or doubted?

  If you have, you’re not alone.

  Heman the Ezrahite wondered and wrote it down for others to see and hear. (Psalms as the Hebrew hymnbook.)  John the Baptist, after years of personal contact with the Redeemer, wondered. (Mt.11:2-3) Others are in God’s Record as wondering.

  As for myself, I never remember doubting God being.

  Though read as child and adult, I doubted the Bible was God’s Word.

  After seeing and accepting Scripture is God’s Word, I trusted Him as Redeemer.

  I did however thereafter suffer some periods of doubt. Not doubting Him, but doubting my qualifications.

  Once I realized I not only am not qualified and I never of myself shall be, I have lived in His blessed assurance. (Isa.64:6; Rom.3:1-31; Eph.2:8-10)

  Heman the Ezrahite has known all of this truth for hundreds of years now.

  I pray you do too.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment