Friday, October 10, 2014

RUN!


RUN!

Friday, October 10, 2014

 

1Kings [GW] 19:1-4 Ahab told Jezebel everything [Jehovah’s prophet] Elijah had done, including how he had executed all the [950] prophets. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah. She said, "May the gods strike me dead if by this time tomorrow I don't take your life the way you took the lives of Baal's prophets." Frightened, Elijah fled to save his life. He came to Beersheba in Judah and left his servant there. Then he traveled through the wilderness for a day. He sat down under a broom plant and wanted to die. "I've had enough now, LORD," he said. "Take my life! [ISBE: “Among the pensioners of Jezebel were 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of the Asherah - still fed by the royal bounty in spite of the famine.”]

 

  My 80 year old neighbor has seen and experienced a lot in her professional and personal life. This week, expressing displeasure with international, USA, and local developments, she told me “I’ve always wanted to see Canada, but until recently I never thought I’d think about moving there!” I’m hearing increase in such sentiment these days.

  My observation is few are fleeing to Canada, but rather to fleeing into tolerance of false leadership, seeking peace far from outrageous changes in America.

  Are Christians today called to destroy false prophets? I think not for we have the power of the vote . . . if we exercise it.

 Why do I say “if”?

  • Many don’t vote.
  • Among those that do, too many vote their wallet.
  • How many that do vote study and ask the Word for direction?
      If we don’t vote at all or vote apart from God’s direction - who makes the final vote?
    EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment