Monday, October 20, 2014

LOOKING UP


LOOKING UP

 

1Thessalonians [GW] 5:10-11 He [Jesus] died for us so that, whether we are awake in this life or asleep in death, we will live together with him. Therefore, encourage each other and strengthen one another as you are doing.

 

  It’s been quite an eventful time of it lately.

  Enjoyed wonderful final years with dear Ann after our hearing fatal disease notice.

  Gradually losing my upper body motor skills, after numerous tests including MRIs, my old neck bones were the culprit. Spinal surgeon did a fine job of cutting my throat and rebuilding with “donated parts” and titanium.

  My second delightful greatgranddaughter entered this world.

  I fell in love with another heroic woman. Still am.

  Experienced without-warning July 10th stroke that could have killed or crippled me, but after brief easy recovery period, I’m fine. (I think.) As precaution to self, family, and public, I was encouraged to not drive for 6 months. I readily concurred, and have since been enjoying more one-on-one time with daughters (and others) since I was the one chauffeuring them as kids and teens.

  Pacemaker installed.

  Years of slow deterioration of right eye made for necessary surgical repair. Follow up included 96 hours face-down. After 4 very restless nights, 5am Sunday morning I shouted “ENOUGH!” . . . laughed, rolled onto my side, promptly fell asleep and didn’t awaken until 11:30am. Five more weeks recovery time then new glasses before Christmas.

  A few recurring thoughts that I’m left with:

  Was God with me? As promised, yes. (Heb.13:5)

  Was I with Him the entire time? A good question requiring personal examination.

  Was the travel a worthwhile refresher course in patience. (Rom.5:3) Indeed so.

  Right eye contains liquid that will gradually drain down. Oddly, when both eyes are open the left goes lazy and blurry right is foremost. Lesson I’m reminded of is that problems always beggar to dominate our life, but God has made provision. (1Cor.10:13; 1Pet.5:7)

  In life I’ve received recognition and awards et al, but none compare with the value of the loving esteem of family, friends/neighbors. (Phil.2:3)

  And last but not least I decided to search “looking up” and discovered 3 KJV verses all pertaining to Jesus’ action.

 

Matthew 14:19  And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

Mark 7:34  And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.

Luke 9:16  Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude.

 

  Why do I share these random thoughts? Being very much still awake in this life, and highly aware that regardless of further repairs it will not last, I do so in compliance with God’s directive in 1Thessalonians 5:11.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment