Friday, October 31, 2014

TRANSITING


TRANSITING

Friday, October 31, 2014

 

Romans [GW] 12:2 Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

1Corinthians [GW] 13:9-13 Our knowledge is incomplete and our ability to speak what God has revealed is incomplete. But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways. Now we see a blurred image in a mirror. Then we will see very clearly. Now my knowledge is incomplete. Then I will have complete knowledge as God has complete knowledge of me. So these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the best one of these is love.

 

  Last Sunday’s sermon was on the seasons of life. I’ve been thinking on the topic ever since. The word “transiting” keeps surfacing.

  Transiting is the act of a person or material moving from one place to another says a dictionary.   
  This transiting is something that without thought we are constantly doing as long as physically able . . . or as others physically able do for us.

  Spiritual transiting is different:

  • It is movement not as naturally spontaneous as normal physical function.
  • It requires mental, emotional, and physical discipline.
  • It is movement not confined to time or schedule.
  • It is dynamic not limited to place; church, prayer closet, this book and software filled study.
  • It is activity available when non-ambulatory.
  • It can be scary as it commonly results in physical commotion from one place to another in life . . . and repeats the travel again and again.
      Sometimes I wish I could see over the next hill, and then I’m glad I can’t. At any fare I’m hopefully looking forward to another day of His transference.  EBB4
       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment