Tuesday, March 8, 2016

GROUPTHINK ALIGNMENT

GROUPTHINK ALIGNMENT
Tuesday, March 08, 2016

John 7 So there was a division among the people because of Him [Jesus].

  I at times notes during pastor’s sermons, and encourage others to do so for later Acts 17:11 review and Psalm 119 meditation. This morning I did so with notes from June 1, 2008, WHAT’S YOUR TAKE?, John 7. I notice that the portion in my study Bible is subtitled “The people divided in opinion.” No surprise that. Then, of course, people no different than now so far as aligning in opinionated groups where Jesus Christ is concerned. For thoughtful review I share from notes:.

People considered Jesus:
  V.1, A blasphemer worthy of death. (Lk.22:2; Jn.5:18)
  V.12a, A good man.
  V.12b, A deceiver.
  V.20, A deluded madman.
  V.25-26, A man of courage.
  V.40, A prophet, the Prophet. (Deut.18:15,18; Jn.6:14)
  V.41a, The Christ.
  V.41b, Not possibly the Christ.
  V.46, A unique dynamic personage.
  V.47, A seducer of men.

The Pharisees opined, railed against, and condemned:
  The people.
  The guards.
  Galileans.
  Prophets.
  Nicodemus.
  Jesus.

  A brief interesting Bible study provided by pastor Paul Marine that highlights the consequential weight of eternal question, “Which group is my life aligned with?”  when I am confronted with the necessity to decide.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment