Wednesday, March 23, 2016

LAYING EMPHASIS ON

LAYING EMPHASIS ON
Wednesday, March 23, 2016

John 14:1-7; 26-27  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. … the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

  Being stressed is the result of people, circumstance, environment, right?
  Depends, but not really because of those that colonize your space, a setting or situation.
  Say we convent a randomly selected group of 100 individuals, male, female, various ages, ethnic and educational backgrounds. We enclose them in a windowless room designated for 90. Then we all at once expose the entire gathering to the same mix of activity, events, stimulus for to their knowledge an unspecified amount of time but informing them that the session is to last maybe 10 minutes to 10 hours – telling them the span being determined while they are confined by those in authority that they know but do not know. As soon as the doors are closed we call their attention to CCTV cameras with blinking red LED mounted high on walls and corners. Snacks of bottled warm water and stale Saltines are provided in abundance. There is one commode, one wash basin, no tub or shower in a airline sized cubicle with no lock on the door. To make it even more interesting age, ethnic, gender, education levels music is constantly playing at Dewdrop Inn decibel on an old High School PA system . . . periodically interrupted by throaty feminine GPS voice urging everyone to “Stay calm, this won’t last forever.”

[_] Every person goes bonkers with stress.
                [_] Every person remains as calm as a Sloth dozing out on a limb.
                [_] Each person by personal decision reacts differently.
  
    Wait, should #3 even be listed? Doesn’t it imply that living in serenity in a world filled with stress is a personal responsibility?
  Yes, self included, with the issue for we saints redeemed (Gal.3:13) and sealed 9Eph.1:13) opting to or not to live by the effectual Word in both the best and worst of times.
  Stress is the status quo, normal, ever since Adam decided he could cease being responsible to God. Serenity, internal personal peace in a stressful world, is abnormal . . . provided for in life, sickness, and death. How so? By trusting the Lord and living responsibly in submission according to The Way.
  Now, what shall I lay emphasis on this day?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment