Sunday, March 20, 2016

LONELY?

LONELY? PLEASE DON’T BE
Sunday, March 20, 2016

John 14:15-18 [Jesus said] If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the
Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever, the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you.
2Corinthians 6:16-18 [Paul wrote] And what agreement does a temple of God have with idols? For you are the temple of the living God, as God has said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Therefore come out from among them and be separated, says the Lord, and do not touch the unclean thing. And I will receive you and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

  I’ve been alone and I’ve been lonely. We can be one or the other without both; being alone doesn’t automatically produce loneliness. It is matter of attitude. When I think me-ness, I can feel lonely when alone . . . or in the midst of those that love me.
  Do you relate, or am I alone in this?
  Loneliness became rare, and then nonexistent. I can’t remember the last time I felt lonely.
  How did this state come to be? Aging? No, unless you consider aging in God’s grace and mercy.
  God has shown me that whatever is paramount in my life is lord; if my life is centered in loneliness or feelings per se, it, they are my idol as an extension of me-ness. 
  Does this make me a superior saint? Of course not.
  Has this made me more settled and less distracted, able to focus more clearly? Indeed it has.
  Could I ever feel lonely again? I do not deny the possibility. The difference is now I know there is remedy in focusing on that which is of utmost importance as the Apostle Paul explained to younger Timothy: My child, find your source of strength in the kindness of Christ Jesus. You've heard my message, and it's been confirmed by many witnesses. Entrust this message to faithful individuals who will be competent to teach others. Join me in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Whoever serves in the military doesn't get mixed up in non-military activities. This pleases his commanding officer. Whoever enters an athletic competition wins the prize only when playing by the rules. A hard-working farmer should have the first share of the crops. Understand what I'm saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things. Always think about Jesus Christ. He was brought back to life and is a descendant of David. This is the Good News that I tell others.” (GW 2Tim.1-8)  EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment