Monday, July 11, 2016

MISIDENTIFYING WITH JOB

MISIDENTIFYING WITH JOB
Monday, July 11, 2016

The Book of Job; Exodus 3:14; Ezekiel 14:20; James 5:11

  Read The Book of Job again.
  I initially read the book as an unsaved boy when Aunt Edith McGee gave me my first Bible at about age 10 or 11. In the ensuing 70 years I’ve read it periodically, though not since our church’s 90 day Bible reading marathon. From youth to that decade ago I did just as most people do when reading or viewing drama or documentary – I indentified with character of my choosing, in this case of Scripture, Job.
  This reading was different.
  The reason being is that for me the book is no longer about Job, and definitely not about me identifying with him.
  The book is about Almighty Jehovah God letting Job and all we since know that He is “I AM THAT I AM”, Absolute Sovereign Creator, Sustainer, King of kings.
  Obviously I have repented of my previous mindset resulting in a different view. For this I thank Him.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment