Thursday, July 14, 2016

VOX POPULI

VOX POPULI
Thursday, July 14, 2016

vox populi; \voks POP-yuh-lahy\ ; noun 1. the voice of the people; popular opinion.

Isaiah 57:19-21 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.
John 17:1-18 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, … Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

  I consider the voice of some populi frightening at times. Not in just their exasperating words, but in factual sensible words that their raucous clamor suppresses. Do you now feel free to express the comprehensive truth, factual statistics of about current events? If you are doing so, are you carefully choosing only reasonable ears to hear? Or, if doing so, is it as though you’re overcautiously walking on eggs to get somewhere? Or, simply remain silent?
  I speak not only of what we all see is happening on our public streets and highways.
  When the horrific Dallas murders and woundings of police officers was announced I soon thereafter received further troubling news from an inmate that I frequently communicate with via AccessMail. The inmate was upset and being very careful in not expressing himself. Why? Because of the passionate “idiocy” he was hearing and seeing in much of the population he is housed with. As with a sporting event where their favored team won the championship, they cheered and applauded the wickedness done to Dallas police officers.
  There is a populi that believes and says education will calm the maddening crowd. Or does it as Dr. Carl McIntire observed, that by and large it gives us “criminals in a new suit of clothes”?
  Thinking in the fashion of Romans 12:1-3 we of God’s John 1:12 family know that it’s not education (Considerate Nicodemus, Saul of Tarsus, et al) that saves, enlightens, and regenerates men. It is trusting the Word (Logos) living, Lord Jesus Christ, and written, the Bible, that changes men inside out.
  Let us be the population that boldly speaks of His great truth.
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment