Friday, July 1, 2016

REQUESTING YOUR INPUT

REQUESTING YOUR INPUT
Friday, July 01, 2016

John [ESV] 12:26  If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

First a little past history:
  Several High School teachers, especially Flora Wiley, told me I was to be a writer. Other than a few workplace satires and bits of family memories I did not.
  I have been privileged and responsible for daily Thoughts (DTs) approaching two decades. It has played a large part in my maturation as I’ve studied, pondered, received questions, pondered, gotten input, pondered, been challenged, pondered, been argued with, pondered, been graciously supported, pondered and written and edited. A wonderful personal aspect is the scope of self-examination that the ministry has brought into my life.
  When I first inherited the ministry the list given to me had 10 addresses, one being mine. Feeling threatened by the onus of daily writing I put out a call for help. Friend Winn Freeman, Director of Greenville Rescue Mission, recruited then offered his Dad to contribute every other day. Gene was retired evangelist. He was bedridden and could no longer speak or write, communicating by blink and signal to his dear wife. She in turn would send to me using WEBTV.
  After a few years Gene passed from this life to the next.
  In the ensuing years DT readership has increased considerably in e-mail, postal, Facebook, and is accessed USA and overseas thru Overcomers In Christ website link. However, the ministry is not about numbers. It is about “To serve Him all our days.” whether 10, a multitude or one.
  It’s not about me, but I do confess to quite a blessing I never expected now that I’m a non-driver in-home as many as 6 days some weeks. (No complaints, I’m a happy introvert.)

More recent history:
  Up until a few months ago the DT ministry included Saturday DT FORUM airing reader’s written thoughts to the preceding 6 days’ DTs. Also included were tips on repairs, maintenance, finances, an occasional brief testimony, and closing with ALTL (“Always leave them laughing.”)
  For reason of death or otherwise DT FORUM input dropped to nearly nil and fell to primarily weekly tips and a joke. About the same time I was being encouraged to take Saturdays off. Accepting the advice I also at the same time ceased wearing a watch after a lifetime of doing so, and most Saturdays now not turning on PC.
  Between input and wakening inspiration I have plenty to study and write about.

The question:
  Some weeks now I receive more than amens in response. Would you like me to weekly share comments received in some form?

EBB4

  

No comments:

Post a Comment