Friday, July 15, 2016

SEEING

SEEING
Friday, July 15, 2016

  What have you seen lately that is new to you? Not a rhetorical question as I do ask it of people, and now ask you. (Answers will be in next Friday DTForum.)
  I like seeing new things.
  This morning while eating breakfast and enjoying regular sights of birds at feeder, flowers, clouds floating in blue sky, walkers passing by . . . I saw a footman I’d not seen before. He is rail-thin, gray haired, a fast pacer. And there was something else. Holding it full spread, he was reading the morning newspaper as he hurried along.
  For reasons I’ll never understand about my segueing mind, my thoughts returned to the Book of Job, and I realized a new aspect of the harried man: Though Job reminisced about how his life once was (Chap. 29), longed for God (Chap. 23), examined and judged himself (Chap. 42:1-6), Job did not ask God to heal him or restore his good old glory days.
  This morning I saw Job walking a far different path than is typical of travelers.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment