Tuesday, June 13, 2017

EQUIPPED TO INVEST

EQUIPPED TO INVEST
Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Matthew [ESV] 25:14-29 "For [the kingdom of heaven] will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more. His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master. And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more. His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. [Est.4:14-15] [This parable was given immediately following other dire warnings. Also keep in mind that our kingdom citizenship as Christian is not future, it is current. Phil.3:20]
Philippians 2:12-13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

  Salvation is not singularly about going to heaven when we leave this life. Personally trusting Jesus for eternal redemption also includes being immediately equipped for His service. The Father’s Holy Spirit indwells us and we are furnished with various capital and particular ministry gifts. (Mt.25:15; Rom.12:6-8; 1Cor.12:4-11; 12:28-30; 2Tim.3:16-17)
  Please be aware that we will never get more of the Holy Spirit than initially received. The issue is not “more” it is whether we suppress or allow expansiveness. (1Cor.6:19; 1Thes.5:19) As Pastor Don McKnight often stated the issue, “The question is not how much of the Holy Spirit I have, the question is how much of me does the Holy Spirit have?”
  The parable of the talents metaphorically speaks of individual capacity in equipping. (Mt.25:15; 2Tim.3:16-17) Then as was with Adam the individual decides on how, where, in what to invest the wealth of God’s equipping. Said investments should always be in light of Jesus’ foremost law, Paul’s exhortation, and the Counselor’s guidance. (Mt.22:36-40; 1Cor.13; Jn.14:26; 16:13)
EBB4


PS. For those interested in discerning their particular ministry gifts here is a simple test format: http://bible-time-line.com/echarts/Rose_Bible_eCharts_Spiritual_Gifts.pdf   If desiring more in-depth verification please confer with pastor or teacher that Biblically understands the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment