Wednesday, June 14, 2017

MOSES INTERRUPTED

MOSES INTERRUPTED
Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Luke 14:27-28 [Jesus explained] Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?

  As stated in a previous DT, contrary to our expectations discovering God’s will beyond the general orders of lovingly investing talents and gifts may involve interruption and disruption. God’s will may be spelled “Not according to my plan.” Moses story is a case in point.
  Imagine: Rescued into a royal life of 40 years. My surrogate mom, though in lineage, being female couldn’t inherit the throne of her superpower nation. According to historian Josephus and other authorities I probably would have. Then one day I lost my temper and killed a man. Then the people I was trying to help witnessed against me. I went on the lam to family in a far province. There I was obviously safe as the police hadn’t knocked on our door for almost 40 years.
  At 80 or so years of age life was good, far from royal, routine, but good. I married and adapted to the simplicity of desert life.
  Then God interrupted.
  After getting my “but”excuses and reluctance out of the way I returned to the area of my crime to in God’s name deal with the hard-hearted Pharoah, my biological people that fluctuated between trust and fear; joyous singing and whining.
  Finally let go I lead the now happily singing soon-to-be again complaining people on a miraculous journey that includes testing and provisions.
  Then, after a wonderful time communing with God on Mount Sinai, I return and find my people immersed in idolatry.
  Then after all His works we had seen and experienced, in fear there was a majority vote not to trust God. Though I and others trusted God we too were required to along with the doubters wander for decades in the wilderness.
  Finally, in frustration I again lost my temper one time too many and consequently did not realize my personal dream.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment