Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SERVING AS AN INTERRUPTER

SERVING AS AN INTERRUPTER
Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Romans [GW] 12:1-3 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect. Because of the kindness that God has shown me, I ask you not to think of yourselves more highly than you should. Instead, your thoughts should lead you to use good judgment based on what God has given each of you as believers.

  “Ed, I have really enjoyed this series and the main concept - don't search for God's will, do God's will - was a very strong ah ha moment for me. I never thought of it that way!! Your illustrative examples are great and were saved to my "Ed" folder for more study. Thank you for continuing to teach every day. I'm sure every DT provides an ah ha moment for at least one reader. Cheri [NV]”

  Why do people commonly think of interruptions as impolite? Could it be largely because of the rethink factor? The about note from Cheri in response to DT SEEKING GOD’S WILL series set me to thinking: God interrupted my life using Bud Bond and others. I’ve been interrupting peoples’ thinking ever since, for nearly 55 years. Cheri is case in point as she was interrupted, thought, still digesting, and responded with indicative supportive note. It possibly a timely interruption I didn’t know I needed?
  I shall continue interrupting with the sword of the Lord, His Word. (Heb.4:11-13) I encourage you to do the same for it is the will of God for all followers of Christ. (Mt.28:18-20; Act.1:8; 2Tim.4:1-4)
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment