Sunday, June 3, 2018

A TELLING QUESTION


A TELLING QUESTION

Romans 14:19; 1Corinthians 10:23; 1Thessalonians 5:11-24

  “That’s a telling question.” “I’m going to ask you a telling question.” are phrases seldom if at all heard these days. They indicated questions to which the answers told much about the responding individual or group. This is a healthy exercise that is rarely practiced in these times of personal and group offense. Other than today when was the last time you were asked telling questions?
  Such analytical quizzing is both loved and hated by this person. I am not alone in this conundrum.
  We love “telling questions” because by their answers we learn so much about ourselves that presents opportunity for or indication of maturation.
  We hate “telling questions” because by their answers we learn so much about ourselves that reveals our need for maturation.
  This morning I’ve been pondering the indicative telling question: What is the most authentic comfort in my life?
  I invite you to join me in answering. I suggest you write your answer and consider throughout this day “Exactly what does it tell me about myself?”
  If you would like to share your answer and what you think it reveals about you, please do. (Anons accepted.) Doing so will be an edifying experience for all of us. We are all interested in edifying one another, aren’t we?
EBB4   Sunday, June 03, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment