Tuesday, June 26, 2018

THORN, CIRCUIT, MOTOR, BOLT


THORN, CIRCUIT, MOTOR, BOLT

Job 1:20-22  Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,  And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

  We all have personal doctrine that may or may not line up with God’s Word.
  This morning I’ll share one of mine and let you decide.
  I believe that God deals with us generally as a population, but also on a very individual basis regardless of public ranking. We may never make some written record of His treatment, but I think that nonetheless it goes on all the time . . . and we don’t have to be Apostle Paul to receive such attention.
  Paul, in 2Corinthians 12, reveals that he too suffered from the plague of pride and recognized his deep need of humility; humility resulting in strength brought about by God’s weakening him . . . even allowing Satan or one of his angels to afflict. (Job 1; Mt.4:1-11; 6:13; 2Cor.12:7)
  Chronic illness mine did not humble me, I embracing the pride of familial indoctrination based in “Real men go to work regardless of how tired they are or how they feel or hurt.” This work ethic was worn as a crest of honor by my Dad, Grandfather, and other male and female ancestry. Additionally we were to strive in production, and subtly outworking competitive men into the ground, all while holding up the family tradition of polite civility. (I realized later that not being a family of athletes, this was our playing field and the rules of our game. Though unwritten, every family has a manifesto.)
  Oddly, I believe I am humbled as a toolhead with dynasty ingrained work ethic.
  Sunday, December 6th, I turned on the lights in my study finding young Hewlett Packard dead in a pool of its blood, ending 2+ years of a difficult life.
  This is just one of a lifelong line of possession large, medium and small that after purchase required immediate repair, return, above average maintenance, or knowing its quirks to operate. (Very oddly, functional items new or used gifted to us have worked exceptionally well. But I suppose that’s another lesson.)
  Now, at this point this may be striking you as downright silliness, but for this toolhead’s work ethic it has been absolutely shamefully insulting. (Maybe if I was team fan and could use Huskers or Ravens codependent affections as example these machinations this would be more comprehendible?)
  Have you decided yet whether God works so personally? If so, have you recognized how He is doing so in your life? If so, how is the work going, according to family word or by family Word? 
EBB4   Tuesday, June 26, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment