Wednesday, June 20, 2018

LIVING REALISTIC LIVES


THE BLESSEDNESS OF ACCEPTING REALITY

   John 8:31-32, 36 Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed on Him, If you continue in My Word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. …Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
   John 14:27 [Jesus said] Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

  Can you visualize every day feeling good emotionally and physically, everything running smoothly with absolutely no stress, successful in accomplishing goals and always getting recognition and reward, with everyone treating you with respect and politeness? I can’t, and for good reason; it’s not only an improbable scene, it doesn’t happen for even one full single day. All days are an olio of events. Already today I’ve experienced this mixture. Haven’t you?
  Can you visualize daily working hard to avoid stress, striving to feel great emotionally and physically, toiling to accomplish every single goal and gain recognition, credit, and respect? I can, and for good reason; I’ve know some such, presently know far too many, and sadly and hilariously been there myself in my life.
  Can we be as God’s mature “disciples indeed” accept reality and personally implement  “free indeed” continuing in His Word knowing “This is the day that the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it!” regardless of event or circumstance? (Ps.118:24) Cast aside the fetters of unrealistic expectations! The choice is ever before us: Let us live Psalm 118:24!
  Which selection shall it be this day, tomorrow, the day after, from now on?
  To whom we submit to will determine the answer.
  Shall it be unrealistic view, or His reality? 
EBB4   Wednesday, June 20, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment