Friday, June 15, 2018

PROOFING


PROOFING

1Tessalonians [MKJV] 5:16-24  Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophesying. Prove all things, hold fast to the good. Abstain from every appearance of evil. And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who called you, who also will do it.

  God says we are to prove all things and hold fast to the good. This is contrary to laggard living that extinguishes and curtails God’s sanctification.
  Events are one way proof is given. Those events may not be what we consider prophesy large happening. Yesterday just such an event occurred. It was another wonderful day alone with a beloved child, a great granddaughter this time.
  We deadheaded house plants, played Parcheesi, shopped for bathrooms’ materials, and ate at a Scottish restaurant. The first activity was my choice as a together Grammy Ann memorial exercise. The latter 3 choices were Khloee’s. The latter 2 proving the fact/prophesy of Luke 1:11.
  She asked for and received a sewing machine for Christmas. Since the sheer material in my bathroom curtains are shearing from age, I decided replacing them would be a good step-up project. Feeling magnanimous as grandpas are prone to be, I said “You may choose the materials. And she did. A pink fleece imprinted with flamingos for one. A bright cotton imprinted with flowers for the other. Without protest I conceded to the “fish”.
  Then she informed me she was hungry. Again, it being her day I said “Your choice?” not realizing she would choose McDonalds. While dining I, sans rancor, seized the moment to explain “I hate McDonalds and love you. The latter being the glad reason we’re here.”
  It is my desire to never quench God’s Holy Spirit within me. The alertness to events large or small proofing Scripture is a contributing preventative measure.
EBB4   Friday, June 15, 2018
 

No comments:

Post a Comment