Thursday, June 7, 2018

HEARING

  After reading yesterday's DT, SPIRITUALLY AURAL, Woody Winchell immediately shared the following poem. As a further edifying exercise, how many verses can you connect with Bible passages?
EBB4

HEARING

Oh, I want to hear
To incline my ear 
Ever so keenly 
To routinely 

Listen
In absolute silence
Deep in my soul
For healing words

Making me whole
Whispered songs
Guiding me along
The path

Secrets shared
As we venture
To new realms 
Of adventure 

My Lover
And me
Simply being
In love

Deepest sharing 
Of intimacy 
Setting me
Free

Oh, the joy!
As I come away
Finding my Friend
In the secret place

Nothing else needed
As His words
Are heeded
I am simply completed

No more to labor 
For favor
Outside
I abide

I rest
On His chest
Listening
To the rhythm 

Sweetest melody
Calling me
Deeper 
Closer

"Come away my beloved"
Echoes in my ear
I can hear
Deep calling to deep

Where no one dwells 
Just Him and me
Intimately 
Sharing

Sounds of love
Reverberating 
Liberating 
Illuminating 

My soul
I am whole
In the simple place
Of hearing

No comments:

Post a Comment