Friday, March 1, 2019

ADRIFT


ADRIFT
Friday, March 01, 2019

   John 8:26-32 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. As he spake these words, many believed on him. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
   James 1:8; 4:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. … Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

  “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. ... I [Paul]found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship …” (Mars Hill - Acts 4:12; 17:22)
  Picture this: You join a company that has no Mission Statement, undiscoverable standard(s) with leadership of unknowable trait or tenet plus incomprehensible ways without clear direction or purpose.
Been there? Sound familiar? It probably does for a number of you, whether realized in workplace, among acquaintances and friends, and possibly even in marriage.  (To love one another should be a base of operations, not the other way around.) It also describes over 50% of professing evangelical Christians surveyed; skeptics thinking that truth is not knowable. At 50% not far behind the skeptical 63% of Americans overall.
  The 50 percenters are persons of contradictory nature: Christians claiming to know Jesus and salvation through Him and yet denying absolute truth can be known! (Jn.1:1, 14; 14:6; 17:17; Acts 4:10-12)
Is it any wonder that so many professing Christians live sans peace, freedom, and eternal purpose?
  Is it possible to walk in divided conflicting manner and live life empowered in and by God? No!
·         Kingdom, company, denomination, local church, family, divided against itself cannot stand! (Mk.3:24-25; Lk.11:17; Jam.1:5-8; 3:11)
·         Believing His Word is Truth, we are set apart. (Jn.17:17-19)
  How can one possibly even expect to live in harmony with God and man when living in false belief? They cannot!
  Claiming to trust God while denying that truth can be known is expensive double-mindedness; travelling in the company of muddled unitarian universalist philosophy we can expect nothing from The Truth but to slide the muddy slope of Mars’ Hill to struggle adrift in the opaque roiling waters of arcane hope. (James 1:5-8) 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment