Thursday, March 7, 2019

DETERENCE


DETERRENCE
Thursday, March 07, 2019

Jesus said “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” [Mt.11:28-30]

A relative of President Teddy Roosevelt said of him “He has to be the baby at every baptism, the bride at every wedding, and the corpse at every funeral.”

  Grandmother McGee often said “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” A truth for one and all, if practiced.
  A major aspect of reading and studying God’s Word is prevention, if taken to heart and practiced.
  Recently I again reviewed FROM PRIDE To HUMILITY, A Biblical Perspective, by Stuart Scott (ISBN 1-885904-31-2), prevention being worth more than the pounds of cure. The 26 page booklet includes 30 manifestations of pride (Self-pity being one.), 24 manifestations of humility (Thankfulness being one.), and some wonderful explanatory charts (I like charts!), all with reference verses from God’s Word.
  Now as to wearing the lighter yoke ….
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment