Sunday, March 17, 2019

FORSAKEN


FORSAKEN
Sunday, March 17, 2019

Matthew 27:45-46 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

  Each day I write one of these devotionals after praying for guidance about what to write. Today I found no answer until now. It is nearly midnight and no amount of reading and praying had helped me decide on a subject until I read the last words of verse 46.
  As I read Christ’s question, I thought how terrible it would be to have God turn His back on me, but even more terrible for Him to have to turn from the Son He loved so much! And He did it because He loved me!
  How could I ever do enough to thank Him? How could I ever stop loving and worshipping Him? My Lord! My Master! My Keeper! My Friend!
Leslie Nivens, January 18th

No comments:

Post a Comment