Friday, March 8, 2019

LIFE CHANGES


LIFE CHANGES
Friday, March 08, 2019

  I overheard a young person expressing boredom because “Nothing changes around here!”
  Are they deaf, dumb, and blind, or from the moon?
  I’m only partway into my 30, 356 day and things have already changed since awakening at 5:34am! Nothing major yet (The day’s not over.), but several little items have altered.
  Plus there’s the shocking news that in the last 60 years I’ve lost 2 inches of height. I’m now 5’10”. And here I’ve been wondering why same length pants began fraying at the cuff some years back and why the top of my head no longer brushed vehicle headliners. Then there’s the line of pills on the counter every morning and most days this winter invested in-home more dependent on others than ever before.
  Yep, that youngster was dead-on wrong in their declared observation.
  Thankfully, there is however that which never changes: “The grass withers, the flower fades; but the Word of our God shall stand forever.” (Isa.40:8) “Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Heb.13:8)
  And . . . because of that which does not change we are equipped to deal with that which does change, including joy-filled children that sometimes become a silly bored teenager. 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment