Sunday, May 19, 2019

DIG A LITTLE DEEPER


DIG A LITTLE DEEPER

Genesis 5:1-32; 7:6

  Yep! That’s right for those of you that noticed it’s the same Scripture as last devotion [FILLING A COLANDER] – plus one more verse.
  I started something 8 or 9 years ago, after reading the Bible umpteen times I decided to dig a little deeper. Instead of just letting verses into my brain and out again I to a long strip of paper, divided it into evenly spaced sections and drew a time-line graph of the lives of these men. In so doing I learned that Methuselah died the year of the flood, 1659 years after Adam and Eve were created.
  Now that information may not be of particular value, but it taught me that if you try hard enough you will learn something that may not seem to be relevant at first glance.
  This holds true of people and situations in everyday life and makes my life much more interesting and fulfilling.
Leslie Nivens

PS. Let’s just say Leslie older than me. While traveling on vacation last October I met Leslie at breakfast, at the time living in that motel. We talked no more than 10 minutes, probably never to be seen again. The encounter and her devotions she gifted me with still affect my life . . . and yours. During my recent 5 day stay in the hospital I made many acquaintances. I was privileged to witness to some of them. I am writing thank you follow up letters to all of them. Will they be Leslie/Ed encounters? Not necessarily for me to know.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment