Monday, May 13, 2019

STROKING ON


STROKING ON
Monday, May 13, 2019

John 21:18  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

  Sunday, May 5, 2019, 5:45 I suffered my # 8 cerebral stroke. The worst so far since the first one in 2015. After 5 days of wonderful hospitalization I’m home recovering with my visiting son plus other in and out family and neighbors in attendance. ASAP I’ll begin OT and PT out-patient therapy. After a weekend of rest I’m again stroking this keyboard.
  Though I didn’t feel like and did not read or watch TV, I am now slowly interested again. With this in mind I’ve decided to utilize verbatim paragraphs topically from the most recent THE BEREAN CALL, T.J. McMahon’s comprehensive Missing the Mark – Missing the Solution. Today I begin with paragraph 1:
  “MOST OF US understand that “‘missing the mark’” is one of the biblical definitions of sin. The Apostle Paul uses the Greek verb hamartano for sin in Romans 3:23 “‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.’” That may seem to some as a bit unfair, since rarely would we think that not measuring up to a goal or standard is sin. “’Missing the mark’” doesn’t seem like much of an offense, considering most sins that we’re aware of, especially the horrendous ones. An arrow that falls short of the target is sin? Seriously? To react in such a way reveals much about ourselves and the condition of our hearts in relationship to our Creator”
  Any questions?
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment