Friday, May 17, 2019

OLD NATURE <<>> NEW NATURE


OLD NATURE ßà NEW NATURE
Friday, May 17, 2019

  John 14:15 [Jesus explained] If ye love me, keep my commandments.
  Romans 7:24-25; 2Corinthians 5:17 [Paul explaining] Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. . . . Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

  “How important is the struggle [between old nature and new nature]? Although our salvation doesn’t depend on it, since salvation was given to all who received it by faith as a free gift, it does relate to a host of things pertaining to our temporal life [here] in Christ. Such as? Our relationship with Jesus – in other words, our love for Him, our pleasing Him, our maturing in Him, our faithfulness, our obedience, our witness, our rewards in heaven. Such things and many others are dependent to a degree upon our not ‘missing the mark’. In other words, life must be handled God’s way.”
  Any questions?
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment