Wednesday, January 15, 2020

NEW TESTAMENT DISTINCTIONS


NEW TESTAMENT DISTINCTIONS

Wednesday, January 15, 2020



John 1:12; 3:3

1John [MKJV] 2:7-8 Brothers, I do not write a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the Word which you have heard from the beginning. Again, I write a new commandment to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true Light now shines.



  The New Covenant activated by Jesus’ death and resurrection is distinctly different from the Old Covenant. Reading John chapters 14, 15 and 16 we read of Jesus plainly explaining differences to come. I note three:

·         Believers letting Him live in them.

·         Believers living in and by His love as He lived by His Father’s love.

·         Believers indwelled and guided by the Holy Spirit personally declaring Truth.

  I summarize these differences by knowing that as born-again New Covenant followers of Christ we live being, not to be.

EBB4



PS. For those interested I offer the list WHO I AM IN CHRIST with fully written verses. Just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment