Thursday, January 23, 2020

WHY "ESSENTIAL"?


WHY “ESSENTIAL”?

Thursday, January 23, 2020



2Timothy [MKJV] 2:15-16 Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. But shun profane, vain babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.



  On Tuesday, January 14th, I used the title “ESSENTIAL UNDERSTANDING” in writing about the actual beginnings of the OT and NT. In response I was asked why I said it is essential to know and understand those beginnings.

  Though “essential” is in only one of the 12 translations in my PC (ISV Acts 15:28) I chose to use the word for emphasis. Why? Because of God’s inspired penman Paul’s imperative statement in his epistle to Timothy that is no less essential to us.

  So, I ask again, why is it essential to know and understand when the OT and NT began?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment