Sunday, November 28, 2021

DANDELIONS

 DANDELIONS

1Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. 

  Today is May Day and I would like to pick some wild flowers to make a May Basket for my little neighbor, but all I see are dandelions. Would she appreciate them?

  I always thought of dandelions as weeds and when their seed heads developed they were terrible. Then one day my 2 year old grandson picked one and held it up for me to see. “Wook, gwammaw, a bwo fwour!’” He thought they were wonderfully beautiful. Then it dawned on me that even when we Christians were acting like weeds we are still “blow flowers” to God, spreading His Word, beautiful to Him.

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment