Friday, November 26, 2021

LASTING IDENTITY

 LASTING IDENTITY

John 15:1-6  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. [Also note Jn.14:6]

John 3:16 etal - Believe: πιστεύω; pisteuō; pist-yoo'-o; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with. Total KJV occurrences: 248

  Pastor Josh Klein teaches that everyone seeks identity. This is absolutely true even if declaring “I’m a nobody!”

  What are some chosen primary identities?

  Mother, grandmother, dad, granpa, doctor, nurse, pastor, evangelist, professor, military rank, level of education, by business or elected position, etc. . . . and now included is gender.

  All of the above, however worthy or not, are temporal. They dying quickly or remaining only in print or a generation or two of remembrance upon the demise of the person.

  There is but one eternal identity, it being imputed the moment we accept God’s offer of everlasting life. (Jn.3:16) It is then and forevermore that we become God’s family, “authorized” sons and daughters eternally secure in Him. (Jn.1:12; 10:28-29)

   Also there are here and now benefits in and by Him. Jesus’ peace alone being a list-topper. (Jn.14:27; 16:23)

   As for myself, at age 27 I trusted God for sonship and continue as a member of His family.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment