Thursday, August 26, 2021

STAND FAST!

 LET US NOT GO THERE. STAND FAST!

1Thessalonians [MKJV] 5:16=24  Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophesying. Prove all things, hold fast to the good. Abstain from every appearance of evil. And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who called you, who also will do it. (also note 1Pet.2:11)

 

  In the class I taught at Douglas County jail I was often asked about abstinence. “What does ‘abstain’ mean?” Then “How can we abstain?”

  To explain I used a simple illustration.

  Using chalk, I drew 2 circles on the floor about 2 feet apart.

  Then I stood in one circle and asked “Am I in that circle?” as I pointed to the other one.

  They would shout the obvious answer.

  Then I asked “Am I near the other circle?”

  They again declared the obvious answer.

  Then I asked them to explain the lesson to me . . . and they always did so with understanding.

EBB4

PS. Whichever Corrections Officer was on duty was exposed to the 20+ Bible-based Christ-centered lessons per week.

Ps.89:28  I will keep My mercy for him forever, and My covenant shall stand fast with him.

1Cor.16:13  Watch! Stand fast in the faith! Be men! Be strong!

Gal.5:1  Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and do not again be held with the yoke of bondage.

Phil.1:27  Only let your conduct be as becomes the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you, or else am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, striving together with one mind for the faith of the gospel,

Phil.4:1  Therefore, my brothers, ones loved and longed for, my joy and crown, stand fast in this way in the Lord, beloved ones.

1Thes.3:8  for now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.

2Thes.2:15 Therefore, my brothers, stand fast and hold the teachings which you have been taught, whether by word or by our letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment