Sunday, May 4, 2014

ACCEPTING WHAT GOD SAYS


ACCEPTING WHAT GOD SAYS
Sunday, May 04, 2014

Mark [MKJV] 9:14-23 And coming to His disciples, He saw a great crowd around them, and scribes arguing with them. 15 And immediately all the crowd, seeing Him, were greatly amazed, and they were running to Him to greet Him. 16 And He asked the scribes, What are you discussing with them? 17 And one of the crowd answered and said, Teacher, I have brought my son who has a dumb spirit to You. [Mt.17:15] 18 And wherever he seizes him, he dashes him. And he foams and gnashes his teeth and pines away. And I spoke to Your disciples that they should cast him out, and they could not. 19 He answered him and said, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me! 20 And they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, the spirit immediately convulsed him. And he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming. 21 And He asked his father, How long ago has it been since this came to him? And he said, From childhood. 22 And oftentimes it has cast him into the fire and into the waters to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us. 23 Jesus said to him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.

  Belief produces results, including living freedom in self and others we love. (Jn.8:36) God’s Word explains this in general and specifically in reference to The Word living and written.
  When my being sinful and needing Jesus the Redeemer was pointed out to me by faithful witness Bud Bond, I believe what I considered obvious and trusted Jesus for salvation. (Bud had me read applicable Scripture aloud to him.)
  Later, in further study I discovered “resurrection” wasn’t to only be celebrated as calendar event. Not obvious to me as something beyond trusting unto going to heaven, I didn’t readily accept “the power of His resurrection”. (Phil.3:10) Then I did, and am glad for it.
  Though I casually, then carefully, studied believers’ designation of “saint”, I did not agree to the fact even though much Scripture addresses the followers of Lord Jesus Christ as such. (KJV: “saint” twice; “saints” 96 times.) Why didn’t I accept the designation according to God’s Word?
  In my belief “sinner” held me from trusting what the Word living and written addresses His redeemed as; saint!
  Now this is no longer a problem. However, acting saintly every moment of the day is.
  Lord, help thou my unbelief! (Mk.9:24)  EBB4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment