Thursday, February 26, 2015

DELIGHTFUL RECOGNITION

DELIGHTFUL RECOGNITION
Thursday, February 26, 2015

  Dare I say something so absolute as “Everyone experiences delightful recognition.”? I am, as I believe it true.
 Typically we associate delightful recognition with faces and places. Have you ever been watching movie, video, or reading a book and delightfully recognized a person or place? I have. One of my favorites is in viewing PBS BBC and seeing that oft included row of curved front Victorian Town Houses on that curved street, and exclaiming “In July of 1984 I walked there and sat on that fence!” . . . always with same reaction of eye-rolling from those that heard it before.
  Such moments of recognition are definitely delightful, but there are others that are even more joyful.
  Recently I was so blessed and praise my Lord’s workings for it.
  The room was full of people. A candidate was being interviewed by process of questions from the floor. The facilitator with microphone in hand was not repeating the question for those hearing-impaired in the audience. Finally someone asked for questions to be repeated. And soon the facilitator lapsed back into not doing so.
  Suddenly I recognized my lack of old-fashioned passive aggressive irritation, and silently thanked He who continues to perform the good work in His family. (Phil.1:6)
  Recognizing faces and places is definitely delightful, but it cannot for one moment compare with seeing valuable eternal maturation!

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment