Monday, February 23, 2015

GOIN' TA MEETIN'

GOIN’ TA MEETIN’
Monday, February 23, 2015

Hebrews [GW] 10:23-25 We must continue to hold firmly to our declaration of faith. The one who made the promise is faithful. We must also consider how to encourage each other to show love and to do good things. We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming.

  I, along with a multitude of others here and abroad, gathered together yesterday. I seldom miss the weekly occasion, but why not? Or more correctly asked, “Why do I go to church?”
  First of all, I’m to follow my Lord’s example; I am to be Christ-like. This includes Jesus’ custom of meeting with others honoring the Father and His Word.
  Then there’s the benefit of hearing the Truth expounded, discussed, and being corrected and challenged thereby.
  And of course there’s the matter of nonparticipation being expensively sinful.
  Oh, and then there’s the bit about my having family and friends there.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment