Thursday, February 5, 2015

MUST BEGIN WITH BEING SINFUL

MUST BEGIN WITH BEING SINFUL
Friday, February 6, 201

Psalm 46:1-11 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
                Isaiah 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Romans 7:18-20 For I [Apostle Paul] know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

  To travel life God’s way, pleasing to Him, we must begin and continue in accepting that in us alone is no good thing, sin dwelling in us.
  What’s the problem with our not seeing or refusing to accept that Romans 7:18-20 is true about ourselves?  
  To consider self as a good person that sins, rather than accepting that I am sinful in nature, demotes Jehovah Provider to position of spare equipment, auxiliary god not allowed to lead but to be only called upon for assistance and direction in time of our deciding when we need Him.
  Seeing self as God’s Word describes, sinful in nature and not at all an inherently good person that sins makes for a quantum leap from misguided life-walk to journeying with God as companion.

  Like the psalmist, let us embrace breath of life: God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in this ever troubled world.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment