Monday, October 24, 2016

FOOTBALL AND YOGA PANTS

FOOTBALL AND YOGA PANTS
Monday, October 24, 2016

Deuteronomy 6:5

  I thought that after moving to Nebraska in 84’ and immediately clarifying then and since that I really don’t give a hoot whether the Cornhuskers win or lose games that it would end the matter so far as I am concerned. Not so, for this is Big Red Country after all, so I spent hours every Monday being regaled with narrative of most recent game, practice session, scrimmage, or that some relative of a present or past Cornhusker had their garage broken into and thieves stole the BetaMax and 8-Track they’d been saving in hope of a come-back.
  To this day, if I don’t respond in sparkling manner when a Husker win is announced, or go into depression when loss is bemoaned, I still get smirky looks and snarky remarks in reaction to my non-caring attitude. Maturation through the years took care of my feelings of rejection at being an outsider.
  But it’s always something else. Now I’m hearing requests for my opinion on the gaudy yoga pants controversy that has resulted in hundreds of women parading in public womens’ rights protests. Hopefully it too will go the way of BetaMax and 8-Track, though even more quickly.
  Do you agree? Or am I straining at gnats while swallowing camels?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment