Monday, October 3, 2016

IDENTIFYING THE ONE TRUE CHURCH

IDENTIFYING THE ONE TRUE CHURCH
Monday, October 03, 2016
John 1:1-14 [NLT Christ, the Eternal Word] In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created [Col.1:6; Heb.1:2; Rev.4:11], and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.
  In response to my presenting question as to “The true church?” there are various responses from readers, several stating “My church.” Others expressing topical knowledge based on they have read or taught church history. One wit says “…which ever church I happen to be attending at the time.“ Studying the Word I’ve concluded:
·         Church history books and courses are about the history of the development of denominations.
·         Jehovah God almighty has not nor will He identify the one true church by a denominational name.
·         The one true church is identified by ownership (Mt.16:18) and membership (Jn.1:12).
·         The one true church is made up of the John 1:12 family of God, those authentically trusting in and striving to follow the Word living, Jesus, and written, the Bible. All others are not of the one true church, and remain as “darkness” (Eph.5:8), “condemned already” (Jn.3:18), belonging to the other family as Jesus very clearly defined, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. Yes, I realize that you are descendants of Abraham. And yet some of you are trying to kill me because there’s no room in your hearts for my message. I am telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. But you are following the advice of your father.”
“Our father is Abraham!” they declared [again].
“No,” Jesus replied, “for if you were really the children of Abraham, you would follow his example. Instead, you are trying to kill me because I told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. No, you are imitating your real father.”
They replied, “We aren’t illegitimate children! God himself is our true Father.”
 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me! For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me! Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me? Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.” (Jn.8:34-47)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment