Tuesday, October 18, 2016

THE HOTPLATE QUESTION

THE HOTPLATE QUESTION
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

  It doesn’t take a doctoral sleepologist to teach us that people wake up differently. The distinction is obvious, even in the same family. My 2 years younger brother had Mom’s genes, Jim being what we laughingly called a wall walker immediately after arising. For better or worse I have my Dad’s early morning genes, sound peaceful sleep ended by mind and body revving. No daybreak stumbling into doorjambs for this lad!
  As often happens, this morning’s mindfulness was dominated by a memory, something an unofficial mentor said many decades ago: The trouble with too many Christians is they’re like the hotplate in my little one room apartment. They can only cook one thing at a time.
  Hmmm… Mom or Dad, Jim or Ed in the morning . . . or evening, what do you think about the matter?
EBB4


PS. My second thought this morning was one word: Priorities. My third: Brushfires.

No comments:

Post a Comment