Tuesday, October 25, 2016

PUNTS AND PANTS COMMENTARY

PUNTS AND PANTS COMMENTARY
Tuesday, October 25, 2016

  Yesterday’s DT, FOOTBALL AND YOGA PANTS, brought immediate responses. Read on.
---
Wait a minute.  The Orioles last won the World Series in 1983 and you left [Maryland] in 1984?  Coincidence?  I think not!  At least now we Baltimore Orioles fans have someone to pin this on!  Hope all is well.  Tim (MD)
---
I don’t care about football and hate yoga pants…so does that mean I’m with you?
Either way…neither is worth talking about on Monday.  Teresa (NE)  [Yes, we are as I neither own nor wear jersey or floral tights. EBB4]
---
I got a chuckle out of this one.  Could it have been influenced by our observations and comments as well as trying to talk while game was on TV???  SRF (NE)   [Could be. Hadn’t given the lady’s floral limbs or her eyes on screen any afterthought, but did awaken with topic on mind. Also I’ve been reading Royko’s essays lately.  EBB4]
---
I don't care about yoga pants or Husker either.  I do hope Huskers win because so many people I do care about, care about them.  And, I like to see them do well.  I just don't want to have to watch them do it.  And this comes from a Nebraska native.  I have some yoga pants but am careful when and how I wear them. If the fashion fades away, I'll wear what comes next - within reason.  My favorite, though, are still my Mom jeans.  Penny (NE)
---
I don't mind the yoga pants as long as they are wearing a full-length robe to cover themselves. 
Pastor Bob (NE)
---
Hey Brother Ed,
  Thanks for stirring up some memories from the late ‘60s when I was fairly new to Omaha, and a member of the Nebraska National Guard unit during the Vietnam era.  I had never been much of a football fan, and really thought it odd that my Guard buddies knew all the Husker players names, where they were from, the position they played and on and on it went during the breaks.  Next thing I knew, I bought a little black transistor radio so I could listen to KFAB 1110AM for the Saturday games on non-Guard weekends.  It was easy to become a fan because I wanted to fit in with my Guard buddies (nothing spiritual mind you) and the Huskers were on a two year rampage through the Big 8 without any losses.  So, I’ve been something of a fan during the good and bad years. 
  Not long after we moved to our current home in Conway, AR, we learned that there were three Husker fan families on our street.  At that stage of our life, being Christ followers, it was a good excuse to have a Husker party at our place, with hopes that we might introduce them to Jesus Christ.   We hardly knew each other, but at least we had one thing in common.  The other two couples moved out of this neighborhood and that casual friendship vanished.  About 8 years ago a new family moved into the house directly behind us.  We noticed a Nebraska “N” sign in the front yard.  Since they were in the front yard, we stopped to visit with them.  That led to a breakfast at our house.  From that we learned they were in the choir of the same Christ Community Church in Omaha, where we had been members for 9 years during a time of spiritual healing and growth for us.  We remain friends to this day, and if it hadn’t been for the “N” sign we might never have become close friends. 
  Where I’m going with this long story, is like the Apostle Paul, I try to find something that I can use to start a relationship that will provide an opportunity to share Christ. 
  Oh, by the way, Nov. 5th is the game day for Huskers vs Ohio State football game.  In our Home Church we have close friends that have moved from Omaha and Ohio to Conway and eventually they joined our Home Church group.  We occasionally organize a social event.  This game sounded like a good idea, so we are planning a football tailgate party for that weekend.  We’ll find out how mature we are as the game progresses – LOL.  
  As for the Yoga (tight pants thing), I really don’t understand why some women, that seem to be Christ followers, will wear these out in public and even to worship services.  The message of modesty has been lost on them.  If they have any understanding of what “turns on” their husbands or boy-friends, it is what he sees.  That’s how we are created, and we men have to guard our thought life from lustful things that we face in life.  If they were only wearing them at home or as you stated in women parading in public right’s protests it wouldn’t be in my face so to speak.  I’m responsible for my own thought life and what I entertain there, and the women who dress to display their flesh will be held responsible for being a stumbling block to others, whether male or female.
  Best regards,
Verlyn (AR)  [Your response is doubling interesting as the past Sunday morning Pastor Scott began series WHO ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS?  EBB4]
---
Lastly I share compilation of spousal anonymous comments recent and past: My spouse knows more about individual players on their favorite teams than about me or our children!

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment