Friday, February 3, 2017

ABSOLUTE TRUTH

ABSOLUTE TRUTH
Friday, February 03, 2017

Exodus [GW] chapter 3 … Now, go! I am sending you to Pharaoh so that you can bring my people Israel out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the people of Israel out of Egypt?" God answered, "I will be with you. And this will be the proof that I sent you: When you bring the people out of Egypt, all of you will worship God on this mountain." Then Moses replied to God, "Suppose I go to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' What should I tell them?" God answered Moses, "I Am Who I Am. … [Also note Heb.6:17-20]

  Jesus declared that His Father’s word is reality, and that by His word alone we may be holy, sanctified, set apart in manner pleasing to Him. (Ps.119:11; Jn.17:17; Rom.12:1-3) Today everyone has their story. However, everyone does not have God’s absolute truth overarching their story.
  An elder humorously illustrated this distinction for me.
  Conservation groups urged ways to conserve water and curtail the need for more waste water treatment plants. They truly had, still have, some great ideas. Soon our USA government was pouring grant money into university and independent studies. One particular water saving device invented, promoted, manufactured and sold hither and yon was, and still is, the low-flow shower head. In pooling academia numerous in-depth studies the quantity of fresh water conserved was presented as a humongous number of acre feet per year. The intelligentsia even provided the gallons of yearly savings for the average American family.
  My elder friend bemused that though the Sierra Club and companions would like us to think the statistics so often floated are absolute truth; whereas for a variety of reasons not the least of which is the nature on man there is no absolute truth. Fact is, man’s truth is absolutely fluid.
  My older friend, an experienced husband and dad, knowing that the women of his dear family both young and mature, simply enjoy longer showers until as typical the hot water runs out.
  A humorous way of teaching the lesson of absolutism of the great I AM that those with Pharaoh’s mindset reject. One, that with difficulty I had to learn.
EBB4

  

No comments:

Post a Comment