Tuesday, February 21, 2017

WHICH WITH?

WHICH WITH?
Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Psalm [MKJV] 119 … I have hidden Your Word in my heart, so that I might not sin against You. …
Romans [MKJV] 12:1-3 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
1Peter [GW] 1:12-17 God revealed to the prophets that the things they had spoken were not for their own benefit but for yours. What the prophets had spoken, the Holy Spirit, who was sent from heaven, has now made known to you by those who spread the Good News among you. These are things that even the angels want to look into. Therefore, your minds must be clear and ready for action. Place your confidence completely in what God's kindness will bring you when Jesus Christ appears again. Because you are children who obey God, don't live the kind of lives you once lived. Once you lived to satisfy your desires because you didn't know any better. But because the God who called you is holy you must be holy in every aspect of your life. Scripture says, "Be holy, because I am holy." So if you call God your Father, live your time as temporary residents on earth in fear. He is the God who judges all people by what they have done, and he doesn't play favorites.

“Certainly there is no contending against the Will of God; but still there is some difficulty in ascertaining, and applying it, to particular cases.” Abraham Lincoln, President of the USA
Fragment on Pro-Slavery Theology ca. October 1, 1858 (CWAL III:204)

  I receive requests “Please pray that God be with ______.” I do not do so.
  I do pray that individuals, my family, friends and acquaintances, the church I am a member of, its committees (Especially those presently interviewing pastoral candidates), community and nation, and last but not least, John 3:18 lost souls . . . will not deny the Truth, and be with God.
  Why don’t I pray “God be with”?
  Soon after trusting Christ I discovered that throughout the 66 books of God’s Word it is not the nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It was then that I chose the correct “with”. In belief, attitude, and resultant actions we are to ultimately align with God, not He with us; this being at the center of holiness.
  Abraham Lincoln was quite clear on this truth, as well we all should be lest we think and act amiss. When he, during our second American Civil War, was asked whose side God was on, he succinctly responded “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side, my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.”
  God incarnate Himself made this especially plain as He neared the end of His walk among men, saying “Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
   The “with” we choose reflects our attitude as to whether God is ours or we are His; effecting all aspects of our life.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment