Wednesday, February 1, 2017

SOVEREIGN LAUGHTER

SOVEREIGN LAUGHTER
Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Psalm [GW] chapter 2  … Why do the nations gather together? Why do their people devise useless plots? Kings take their stands. Rulers make plans together against the LORD and against his Messiah by saying, "Let's break apart their chains and shake off their ropes." The one enthroned in heaven laughs. The Lord makes fun [KJV “laughs”] of them. … [Ps.37:12-13; 52:1-9; 59:8]
Proverbs 1:20-33 Wisdom sings her song in the streets. In the public squares she raises her voice. At the corners of noisy streets she calls out. At the entrances to the city she speaks her words,
"How long will you gullible people love being so gullible? How long will you mockers find joy in your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge? "Turn to me when I warn you. I will generously pour out my spirit for you. I will make my words known to you. "I called, and you refused to listen. I stretched out my hands to you, and no one paid attention. You ignored all my advice. You did not want me to warn you. I will laugh at your calamity. I will make fun of you when panic strikes you, when panic strikes you like a violent storm, when calamity strikes you like a wind storm, when trouble and anguish come to you. "They will call to me at that time, but I will not answer. They will look for me, but they will not find me, because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They refused my advice. They despised my every warning. They will eat the fruit of their lifestyle. They will be stuffed with their own schemes. "Gullible people kill themselves because of their turning away. Fools destroy themselves because of their indifference. But whoever listens to me will live without worry and will be free from the dread of disaster."

  I’ve continued pondering Pastor Bob’s Sunday sermon. (Note yesterday’s DT.) Then this morning while breakfasting on shredded wheat topped generously with blackberries lubricated with skimmed milk and a cup of coffee, I read a chortle provoking article. A writer and public lecturer invested decades of his life discovering, lecturing, and writing half a dozen best seller books on the subject of ethics. He could have saved much time, travel, and effort had he read and took notice of the book on ethics, God’s Word.
  Ethics is a constant thread throughout the 66 books in His Bible. In some portions as a hawser, a heavy rope for mooring and/or towing ships. Consider Psalm 119, one hundred and seventy six verses hitching guidance for those willing to be drawn. The most commonly quoted being verse 11, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.“ One single verse in God’s Word that summarizes, when applied, makes for ethical living.
  Let us beware the indifference that destroys.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment