Sunday, February 19, 2017

LOYALTY AND WORSHIP

LOYALTY AND WORSHIP
Sunday, February 19, 2017

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
1Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Hebrews 13:5-8 Let your way of life be without the love of money, and be content with such things as you have, for He has said, "Not at all will I leave you, not at all will I forsake you, never!"
6 so that we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me." Remember those leading you, who have spoken to you the Word of God, whose faith follow, considering the end of their conduct: Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever.

  Please note that today’s thought is not “loyalty in worship”, it is loyalty and worship.
  Have you ever worked for or worse yet been married to person(s) that you were never certain they were loyal to you? Probably every DT fellow has suffered such lack of trustworthiness, unreliability, poor dependability: Disloyalty!
  I well remember working for mealy-mouthed platitude-laden intelligent but empty superiors or company. Admittedly I had lack of respect and admiration on any level but one; drudging commitment to duty.  
  This is a nonexistent issue involving God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. How do I know?; my fickle sinful ways having tested and proven God’s loyal promise that He shall never leave me nor forsake me, that He is fully for my maturation and well-being; thereby making reasonable act of worship in service pleasantly above base sense of plodding duty.
  How wonderful is God’s love? Apprehended indeed, but far above this old man’s comprehension! 

EBB4 (3/29/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment