Thursday, July 20, 2017

SEEKING ORDERS

SEEKING ORDERS TO ACT UPON
Thursday, July 20, 2017

  Many decades ago under the prompting 2Timothy2:2 wise insightfulness of my earliest Christian elder mentors I properly chose Psalm 32:8-9 as my life verses. Because it’s so me! Of necessity I consider the verses often.
  Though I twice responded to the draft call I was not needed. Consequently I never experienced that which other family members and friends did. I have however from earliest memory been blessed with the company of military men and women, some my close companions. One of the things I learned is the meaning of “general orders”; a basic list of directives for every member of the military. As followers of Lord Jesus Christ we too have general orders as laid out in His Word. This morning I’ve been thinking about two in particular.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT MT.6:33)

… be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. Endure suffering [troubles] along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things. (NLT 2Tim.2)

  I invite you to print them out or jot down, reread and consider throughout this day. One of my personal meditation questions being “Am I presently being distracted by looking for specific directions at the expense of Gods general orders?”

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment