Monday, January 7, 2019

CLEAN HANDS


CLEAN HANDS

Psalm 18:20-24 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

  Psalm 18:20-24 mentions “Clean hands” twice. I was reminded of how the last several years I worked I repeatedly told employees to “Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands!” Early in my nursing career I learned how important clean hands were in preventing the spread of infections.
  Early in my life I had learned how important a clean life should be. Our grandfather frequently reminded us to “Avoid all appearance of evil.” [1Thes.5:22] Just as clean hands prevent the spread of infections; clean lives prevent the spreads of sin.
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment