Thursday, January 3, 2019

THE TRUMPET OF JERICHO


THE TRUMPET OF JERICHO
Thursday, January 03, 2019

John 14:21-31 Whoever knows and obeys my commandments is the person who loves me. Those who love me will have my Father's love, and I, too, will love them and show myself to them." Judas (not Iscariot) asked Jesus, "Lord, what has happened that you are going to reveal yourself to us and not to the world?" Jesus answered him, "Those who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will go to them and make our home with them. A person who doesn't love me doesn't do what I say. I don't make up what you hear me say. What I say comes from the Father who sent me. "I have told you this while I'm still with you. However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you. "I'm leaving you peace. I'm giving you my peace. I don't give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don't be troubled or cowardly. You heard me tell you, 'I'm going away, but I'm coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I'm going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. "I'm telling you this now before it happens. When it does happen, you will believe. The ruler of this world has no power over me. But he's coming, so I won't talk with you much longer. However, I want the world to know that I love the Father and that I am doing exactly what the Father has commanded me to do. Get up! We have to leave."

  Fear will hinder. It will produce a stumbling life gait. It will make you sick. Fear could result in death, it has.
  In the interim between The Great War (WWI) and WWII the Germans developed the highly effective Junkers JU-87 Stuka single engine dive bomber manned by a pilot and radio/gunner. Its effectiveness was magnified by a loud air driven under body siren they Biblically deemed The Trumpet of Jericho. The piercing sound of the steeply diving accurate bomber terrified civilian and soldier alike. One general reported that his men simply froze in place without cover, vulnerable to the blasts. They stopped firing their weapons and stood defenselessly gawking; a fitting picture of us when we live in fear apart from God’s provision of peace.
EBB4

PS. Ironically the Germans learned modern dive bombing techniques through stunt pilot Ernst Udet after as a guest he observed the USA Navy developing and practicing them. Encouraged by Nazi Herman Goring Udet demonstrated the techniques to German pilots.

No comments:

Post a Comment