Thursday, January 10, 2019

GOD'S LIGHTER YOKE


DISHONESTY IN ANGER

   Psalm 126 [NLT] When the Lord brought back his exiles to Jerusalem, it was like a dream! We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.” Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy! Restore our fortunes, Lord, as streams renew the desert. Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.
   Matthew [MKJV] 11:25-30 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things are delivered to Me by My Father. And no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him. Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

  An incongruous event occurred as result of my rewriting DT series on anger. A DT subscriber became angry at what I’ve written about anger and SHOUTED for me to remove her name from mailing list.
  I immediately did so per her instruction. I was saddened. I rejoiced.
  I rejoice because in past I would have, silly though it may seem to you, suffered feelings of rejection and accompanying passive-aggressive anger . . . but there was not so much as a shadow of the dark combine. How great is His life-changing Word! Truly His yoke is lighter! How wonderful is His rest! (Mt.11:29-30)
  I’m saddened because having been there and knowing that such angry reaction indicates woundedness; demonstrating need for spiritual examination and remedy of giving burdensome emotional yoke in exchange for Jesus’ lighter one, anger for His peace.
  And now there is something else you may already know: Yoked as His 2Corinthians 5:17 ambassador should never be misconstrued as a happy Christian hobby that all people will appreciate, applaud, and love us for. 
EBB4 [Friday, September 27, 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment